ABOUT AMIE IRENE WINTERS:
Amie Irene Winters is the bestselling author of the Strange Luck series. She holds a Masters in Environmental Leadership and works in public humanities. The award-winning author is originally from California, but currently resides in a small town in western Pennsylvania.
When not writing, she can be found hiking with her dog, baking desserts, or breaking a sweat in kickboxing class.
Originally from the San Francisco Bay area, where she met (and later married) her high school sweetheart, writing books never entered Amie's mind until she completed her BA in anthropology and religious studies, MA in environmental studies, and a wilderness solo in the Rocky Mountains. After having tried a variety of unique jobs - from park ranger, grant writer, natural history curator, Editor-in-Chief for various magazines, to archaeologist - did she start experimenting with writing fiction. Amie Irene Winters is the bestselling author of the Strange Luck Series.
She currently makes her home in western Pennsylvania. When not conjuring up other worlds, Amie can be found hiking, painting, playing music, baking desserts, or antiquing.
Press and media inquiries should visit here.
A list of what I'm currently reading can be found here.
Other places you can find me on the internet: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, You Tube
10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
- I’ve played the piano since I was five. In college, I taught beginning children how to play the piano.
- I wear crazy socks...like I don't have any plain pairs of socks.
- I seriously considered a career as a forensic anthropologist or mortician.
- My very first job was working at a pizza parlor. I always smelled like garlic. Ugh!
- I’m a big-time game nerd, especially board and card games. Scrabble is my favorite, although I just started playing Magic The Gathering and am totally hooked.
- When I was ten, I placed 2nd in a horse rodeo. I still have the ribbon.
- I love to cook, especially Mexican and Italian food, but desserts are my specialty.
- I collect coins from all over the world, oh, and those smashed pennies from tourist attractions.
- I can’t use chopsticks to save my life...or drive stick shift :-P
- My puppy is a certified therapy dog. I also donate 10% of all book royalties to local (no kill) animal shelters.
copyright 2017 amie irene winters all rights reserved